From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 14:00:00 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Atlas of the High Plains
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005
From: Tom Rohrig <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

  I was referred a email from a patron asking how to access the online
Atlas of the High Plains.  The link we had on our webpage was not
working.   In checking the Web, I found all the other links to this source
were broken.  They seemed to have been links from either the EPA or the
USGS.   I have emailed both organizations about the link.

  The two webpages are:
 http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/
http://www.epa.gov/

   I also found the attached Worldcat record so this source did exist at
one time.  In my searches I also found reference to a print title of the
same name coming in 2006.http://www.unl.edu/plains/publications/atlas.html

  Is anyone knowledgeable whether this source is still online if if so,
under what url?

   Finally, I noticed when I typed in  www.greatplains.org it went to the
USGS webpage so it appears there is some connection.

   Any help you can provide will be appreciated.  I also pretty thoroughly
checked the Maps-L archives without finding any discussion of this title.

Thank you

Tom Rohrig
Texas Tech University Library
Government Documents/Maps

Database: WorldCat
Query: ti: atlas and ti: great and ti: plains

 Atlas of the Great Plains
Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center.; Great Plains International Data
Network.

1998
English  Internet Resource : Atlas  Map  Computer File
[Jamestown, N.D. : Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center,

 Get This Item
Access:  http://greatplains.org/resource/atlas/index.htm
Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
Libraries worldwide that own item: 1
 Search the catalog at Texas Tech University Libraries

 Find Related
Find Items About: Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center. (17)
Title: Atlas of the Great Plains
Corp Author(s): Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center. ; Great Plains
International Data Network.
Publication: [Jamestown, N.D. :; Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center,
Year: 1998
Language: English
Contents: pt. 1. Characteristics and resources -- pt. 2. Principal
stressors.
Access:  http://greatplains.org/resource/atlas/index.htm
 SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor: Natural resources -- Great Plains -- Maps.
Air -- Pollution -- Great Plains -- Maps.
Pesticides -- Environmental aspects -- Great Plains -- Maps.
Geographic: Great Plains -- Environmental conditions -- Maps.
System Info: Mode of access: Internet.
File Info: Electronic data.
Note(s): At head of title: Greatplains.org./ Title from HTML index page
(viewed June 18, 2003)./ Compiled by a group of organizations which
participate in the Great Plains International Data Network (GPIDN).
Material Type: Atlas (atl); Clipart/images/graphics (cig)
Document Type: Internet Resource; Map; Computer File
Entry: 20030619
Update: 20050106
Accession No: OCLC: 52466501
Database: WorldCat