From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 08:10:57 -0500
reposted from MapHist
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: ICHC 2005 Budapest/news
Date: Wed, 25 May
From: "Dr.Zsolt Török" <[log in to unmask]>

 :

Dear MapHisters/ Participants!

The organizers of the 21st International Conference on the History of
Cartography proudly reports the publication of the updated, but still
preliminary Academic Programme on our web page:
http://lazarus.elte.hu/~zoltorok/ichc2005.htm (The PDF document can be
downloaded from the web site, to read it one needs the Acrobat Reader
free softwer.)

As you can see in the programme we could organize another tour for
Saturday (July 23, 2005), the day after the conference, to the
Benedictine Archabbey of Pannonhalma. Many of you wanted to visit this
cultural World Heritage site, the 1000 years old monastery and the
'Sacred Places on Maps' exhibition there. This visit is part of the
longer and international, three-days 'Blue Danube' post-conference tour
as well, starting the following day. Some information on these tours in
on the web page (more should follow). The price of the ONE-Day (c. 8.00
a.m.- 4 p.m.) coach tour depends on the number of the people we can
recruit: if there are at least 25 persons on board it costs Euro 60.00
each (including the Euro 18 lunch).In order to make arrangements we
would like to estimate the number of interested persons.
Please, send us a short note if you would like to reserve your seats,
free seats will be offered during the conference.

The Sacred Places on Maps volume, the exhibition's catalogue was also
published in Hungarian/English with exploratory essays written by
Catherine Delano Smith, Alessandro Scafi, David Harvey, Ron Hassner and
Zsolt Török. The book will be available for Euro 20.00 during ICHC 2005.
(Information leaflets (PDF documents)on the Sacred Places
exhibition/book are on the web page: http://lazarus.elte.hu/~zoltorok)

Please, visit our web pages for continuing updates!
We look forward to hearing from you,
Regards,

Zsolt Török

ICHC 2005 Co-ordinator