Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 08:12:39 -0500
Subject:        Scanner & Printer for Map Collections/GIS Services
Date:   Fri, 11 May 2007 13:52:57 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi Everyone-

We are considering purchasing a large format scanner/printer.  I looked
through maps-l archives for the
last 3 years and found one helpful post by Joe Aufmuth, its focus was a
reply to scanner specifications that might work for Map Collections, and
he recommended Contex and Colortrac as two major possibilities.

From what I see from other map collections, it sounds like you need to
purchase a scanner and a printer separately.  If anybody has purchased a
scanner and printer recently or has done some research on this, I would
appreciate it.  We are looking for equipment that will help us both scan
as well as print.  Please post to the list.

Thanks very much, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library

[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833
"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.