Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 13:32:41 -0500
Subject:        RE: Scanner & Printer for Map Collections/GIS Services
Date:   Mon, 14 May 2007 11:54:46 -0400
From:   Joe Aufmuth <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Salim,

We recently had to purchase a new printer/plotter because the old one finally gave out.  Our first purchase was an HP 1050C, that lasted 6 years with no major maintenance accept changing print heads.  Our new design jet is the 5500 model, 42 inches size for about the same price as the old 1050c.  Hopefully this lasts as long.  If you are looking at an 11x17 scanner, I might suggest the microtec models, 1000 series or the 9000 series.  Great image fidelity and production work.

Joe

Joe Aufmuth
Head Spatial Information Services Unit
Assistant Chair Documents Department