From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:40:53 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Charging for GIS services in the library
Date:   Wed, 14 Dec 2005
From:   David Cobb <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dawn et. al. -

We do not charge for GIS services but do charge for scanning and
printing/plotting. While working on some GIS projects does usually take
more time than an average reference question it is very much akin to
research reference services. For us GIS services is very much a part of our
library services. In lieu of charging for the service we try to get the
individuals to donate or provide a copy of their data and/or GIS files. For
printing/plotting or digital copies we have a set of charges for Harvard
affiliates and a set of charges for non-Harvard clients.

David

At 12:51 PM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
>MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
>

>Subject:        Charging for GIS services in the library
>Date:   Tue, 13 Dec 2005
>From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
>To:     <[log in to unmask]>
>

>Dear MAPS-L Colleagues;
>

>I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience charging for GIS
>services.  If so, is it an hourly or by the piece rate?  How about
>charges for printing on the large format plotters?  Thanks.
>

>Dawn Youngblood
>
>PhD, Anthropology / Archaeology
>
>Curator, Edwin J. Foscue Map Library
>
>Southern Methodist University
>
>6425 North Ownby Drive
>
>Box 750375
>
>Dallas TX 75275-0375
>
>[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
>214-768-2285
>

>--

David A. Cobb                                   Tel. 617.495.2417
Harvard Map Collection                          FAX  617.496.0440
Harvard College Library                         Email: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge, MA 02138                             HTTP://hcl.harvard.edu/maps