From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:41:01 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Charging for GIS services in the library
Date:   Thu, 15 Dec 2005
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>

To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Because of the license agreements - and lower
prices - that this library gets for its GIS software,
non-UC GIS use is not permitted, not even
if we charge for it.

We handle the U.S.-depository side of
this - at least for CDs/DVDs - by having
one computer that we pay full university
price for hardware and software; so far,
we haven't had to buy a full ESRI license
since so very often a disc of GIS data
contains run-only software.

Mary