From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 09:38:15 -0500
Subject:        ALA MAGERT introduces reduced LIS student dues
Date:   Tue, 06 May 2008 09:02:32 -0500
From:   John Lawton <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Apologies for cross-posting.

*ALA MAGERT introduces reduced LIS student membership dues

*The American Library Association Map and Geography Round Table would
like to announce that we now offer library and information science
students the chance to join our round table for a reduced annual $10
fee.  MAGERT offers LIS students and others in the field exciting
opportunities to engage the continually and rapidly evolving world of
map and geography librarianship, geospatial metadata (including map
cataloging), and Geographic Information Systems through our meetings,
publications, and email list.  Students wishing to join must first be
members of ALA, which also offers a discounted LIS student rate.  For
more information, please visit
http://www.ala.org/ala/ourassociation/membership/studentmembershipover.htm
and the MAGERT Web site at http://www.ala.org/ala/magert/magert.htm .
If you have questions about membership in MAGERT, please contact
Membership Committee Chair Wade Bishop at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or committee member John Lawton at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

John Lawton
Member, ALA MAGERT Membership Committee

John Lawton
Assistant Map Librarian
John R. Borchert Map Library
University of Minnesota
S-76 Wilson Library
309 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55455
Phone: (612) 624-5757 | Fax: (612) 626-9353
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://map.lib.umn.edu