From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 08:24:08 -0500
Subject:        Re: How does one publish Renaissance maps?
Date:   Wed, 14 May 2008 06:58:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:   Colleen Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Roger,

  If the map is not a manuscript, many libraries may hold a copy. They
might be willing to make a scan and let you use the image.  Out of
Copyright materials held in the Geography & Map Division of the Library of
Congress can be scanned if a Photoduplication order is placed.  You will
need to pay for the scanning and details on that are available at:

http://www.loc.gov/preserv/pds/digital.html

The resulting image is yours do with as you please.  I am sure other
libraries also offer similiar services.

Colleen
 Colleen R. Cahill                   |  [log in to unmask]
 Digital Conversion Coordinator      |  (202)707-8540
  & Recommending Officer for         |  FAX (202)707-8531
       Science Fiction & Fantasy     |  Library of Congress
These opinions are mine, Mine, Mine! |  Washington, DC 20540-4652