Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:25:37 -0600
Subject:        Field 662 and OCLC
Date:   Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:30:31 -0500
From:   Caplan,Ellen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-l <[log in to unmask]>

To those cataloging on OCLC:

There have been a couple of questions/comments concerning field 662 and
its use in OCLC and RLIN. Please note that field 662 was "published" in
Update 6 of MARC21 in October 2005.  OCLC has not yet implemented the
changes outlined in this update.  We have begun looking at what is
involved in implementing the changes.  We currently do not yet have a
date for the next OCLC-MARC Update but the earliest we would implement
the changes will be in Spring/Early summer 2007.  As soon as more
information is available I will post it to MAPS-L.  But if you subscribe
to OCLC's discussion list, OCLC-CAT, the information will also be posted
there as well.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ellen Caplan
OCLC, Inc
Cataloging and Products Services