Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:02:46 -0600
Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Degree symbol in OCLC / Connexion and Voyager
Date:   Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:20:56 -0500 (EST)
From:   Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Is anyone else encountering difficulties in Connexion with the degree
symbol?

With the degree symbol, the Macro that is available to add a new 034 field
seems to cause the system to lock.  I am then unable to continue with any
editing of the record.  I cannot recover the record from the save file, I
can do nothing other than to close and see if I can do other work.  The
save file is still in use when I re-open Connexion.

I do not like the display of the degree symbol now any better than when we
were using the superscript zero instead.  The miagkii znak doesn't display
as a minute sign, nor does the tverdii znak display as a second sign any
more than formerly.  The current problem, though, is far worse to me than
anything related to how symbols display.

As Nanki Poo, Yum Yum, and Ko Ko sing, Here's a state of things!

Ken
Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA