Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:10:14 -0600
Subject:        Field 662 and its use in OCLC
Date:   Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:15:33 -0500
From:   Caplan,Ellen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

This is in response to a query from Colleen Cahill (Jan.4, 2007)
concerning field 662.  My apologies for not answering earlier.

Field 662 was issued in MARC 21 Update no. 6 (October 2005). OCLC
received a copy of Update 6 sometime after July 1, 2006. OCLC is
currently working on this update. I do not yet have a date for its
implementation but it should be later this year, possibly by mid-year.
Once I have a more specific date, I will let Maps-l subscribers know.
For the time being you cannot enter this field in WorldCat.  If you have
any questions, please let me know.

Ellen

Ellen Caplan
OCLC, Inc.
Cataloging and Products Services Division
800-848-5878