Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:14:08 -0600
Subject:        Historic Maps in Google Earth
Date:   Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:39:14 +0000
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

In my announcement of the latest additions at the Broer Map Library,
you may recall that I mentioned that we will be making select maps
available for viewing as a layer in Google Earth.  So far we have
added about 40 such maps and you may find them here:

http://www.broermapsonline.org/members/gemaps.html

Users can control how visible the map layer is and so they can easily
compare changes between the historic map and the current situation.
We will be working on adding additional maps for same locations and
that would allow a user to compare the changes between map versions in
addition to satellite photography.

This will be an on-going project for us, but I wanted to share what we
have done so far.  We've created a help page too if users need
assistance.

Dave Broer
Director, Broer Map Library
http://www.broermaps.org