From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:29:24 -0500
Subject:        Census of 1808 map of North Carolina by Price-Strother
Date:   Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:49:17 -0400
From:   Jay L <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Greetings:

Vague recollection of asking this before, but I couldn't find it, so
please excuse if it is a repeat. I am trying to obtain a census of
extant copies of the 1808 Price-Strother map of North Carolina (
http://dc.lib.unc.edu/u?/ncmaps,520 ). Does anyone know of copies other
than those listed below? Does anyone know if the Streeter copy is in a
private or institutional collection? OCLC shows a number of examples
that turn out to be facsimiles or photcopies.
State 1: no date; printer & engraver imprints (W. Harrison & C.P.
Harrison, respectively)
State 2: 1808 date; both imprints, a few geographical corrections
State 3: printer's imprint removed.

Thanks for any help!
Jay L.

State Archives, Raleigh 2 copies
North Carolina Collection, UNC-Chapel Hill
Library of Congress
National Archives
Harvard
American Philosophical Society
Library Company of Philadelphia (map not located)
Private collection
Streeter Sale c1967

--
Jay Lester