From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:57:24 -0500
Subject:        Re: Re: Map call #s
Date:   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:38:37 -0500
From:   Toby Main <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Well... this may not be the most popular opinion, particularly amongst
folks of a cataloging frame of mind, but classifying quadrangle based
topo sheets is a large waste of time and resources.  The things are
accessible through index maps far more efficiently than classifying them
would be.  And if the GQ series are already in OCLC with an I19 number
use that.  SuDoc isn't good for much, map-wise, but it for that series
it is fine.

Just sayin'

TM