From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:14:48 -0500
Subject:        Classifying the Med?
Date:   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:16:23 -0500
From:   Toby Main <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Or am I missing something here?

There's a  1998 CIA map titled "The Mediterranean Basin."  Sudoc being
pretty much useless I  am  going to pop a  number out of the G
schedule.  Except... nothing on the G sked maps, nothing in the index
for the Med that relates to maps.  No entry in OCLC, but there is a 19th
century  French map with a geo number of 5672.  Eastern Hemisphere?  I
don't think so.

After fooling with the G schedule a bit, I can't find an entry.  Oceans
go from South Atlantic (9165) to Indian (9180) skipping over the Med,
which is arguably one of the most important bodies of water in western
history, and has been for a long, long time.  What the...? Am I missing
something? To loosely quote John McEnroe "They cannot possibly be serious!"

Help, oh help...

Toby Main
State Library of New Mexico
1209 Camino Carlos Rey