From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 13:36:05 -0500
Subject:        Missing Gaudalcanal geology sheets
Date:   Fri, 30 May 2008 09:15:27 -0500
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

The AGSL has a 1:50,000 set from the Directorate of Colonial Surveys
dating 1955 and on. The notes on our old card catalog card say "to be
issued in 14 sheets" with the following sheets received: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8,
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

I can't actually get to the drawers where these are stored to confirm
that we have all these sheets or to see if we happen to have others. I'm
wondering if all 14 sheets were ever actually produced.

I'll check next week when we put our library back together and get back
to you.

Why am I unable to get to the drawers? Well, as long as you asked ...
we're celebrating our 30th Anniversary today and in order to have room
for all the attendees we had to pile our student tables in a corner -
right in front of the Solomon Island drawers. It's 30 years ago that the
AGS of New York moved their library to UW Milwaukee. We're holding a big
shindig: http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/thirtieth/index.html

Have a great weekend everyone!

Angie
AGSL