From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:17:14 -0500
Subject:        RE: Alice Hudson update
Date:   Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:03:08 -0500
From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Alice;

There is that old saying that things happen in threes -- first David Cobb retires, then Mary Larsgaard, and now you!  So much experience stepping down after so many years of service to the community, the nation, and the entire map world.  Thanks for all you have done to establish the importance of map collections.  I hope you enjoy your well deserved rocking chair, and continue to share your knowledge in ways you enjoy.  All of the best to you, and to Matt and Nancy as they continue preserving and promoting the wonderful map collections at NYPL.

Sincerely,

Dawn Youngblood, PhD
Curator, Edwin J. Foscue Map Library