From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:35:16 -0500
Subject:        history of cart collections.
Date:   Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:07:29 -0700
From:   Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I've got several leads--thanks for the quick responses.

We're looking at about 300 books, and I have asked the donor to provide
a couple dozen representative titles.  For those of you who responded
directly:  I'll be in touch.

I took about 5000 maps from him this spring, and am keeping about 25% of
what came in (the rest is duplicate).  He included map cases--which
really put the gift over the top.  He is an active cartographer, and as
soon as we are further along with our own processing, I'll be making an
announcement regarding the gift.
Jon R. Jablonski                          541-346-3051
Associate Professor
David & Nancy Petrone MAP/GIS Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries