From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:34:55 -0500
Hi everyone,

A year or two ago we decided to allow attachments to Maps-L emails. This
is a problem for people who subscribe to the list in digest mode. For
some reason, the listserv software translates the attachments into code
- basically, digest subscribers get a bunch of garbage - long, long
emails of garbage.

In the past I've taken short attachments and pasted them into the body
of the email myself - but recently I overlooked that there were multiple
sheets in an excel file, and then kind of mucked up someone's post.

Basically, let's allow attachments for now on and I'm no longer going to
interfere with those attachments - changing format or hosting images on
my website, etc. If you are subscribed in digest mode, I recommend you
change that to regular. Email programs allow you to filter your emails
and you can have all your Maps-L emails filtered into a designated
folder and read them at your leisure. If you need help changing from
digest to regular, just email me and I can do it quickly and easily for you.

If you choose to remain a subscriber in digest mode, just be aware you
may get some weird emails.

Thanks for your patience as our list evolves into and through ... modern
life.

Angie
Maps-L Moderator
http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/maps-l.html