From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:14:20 -0500
Subject: RE: Percentage the world that is geocoded
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:07:50 -0600
From: Christopher Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Nat,

I guess I am looking for land only.

Regarding resolution: I am curious because the speaker talked about how
after the psunami, the UN did not have good maps (particularly digital)
which they needed so as to route aide.  The maps they had were too
course or very out of date.  Now, with google maps, etc., people are
uploading content so as to produce more accurate maps that available to
everyone.

thanks,

Christopher J.J. Thiry
Map Librarian