From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:38:21 -0500
Subject: RE: Question about Texas, Alabama, and Georgia  vegetation maps
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:12:39 +0000
From: Hallie Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>
CC: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Here are a few resources for Georgia vegetation and land cover:

Georgia Land Use Trends - UGA Natural Resources Spatial Analysis Lab
http://narsal.uga.edu/glut
Includes an interactive map and landcover class descriptions

Landcover of Georgia - Georgia DNR
http://www.georgiawildlife.com/Conservation/Landcover?cat=6

Georgia GIS Clearinghouse (note - you will need to create an account,
but most data is free)
https://data.georgiaspatial.org/login.asp
In particular, look at Landsat Landcover 1988-90; find it by choosing
the layer "Landcover".

Hope that helps!

Hallie Pritchett
Map and Federal Regional Depository Librarian
University of Georgia Libraries
Athens, GA 30602
706-542-0664
706-583-0631 (FAX)
Map and Government Information Library -
http://www.libs.uga.edu/magil/