From:
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:33:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Have Lithographic Print Nautical Charts Gone Down With the
Ship?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:25:05 -0500
From: Mark Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

I think the demand for printed charts is just not there. Commercial
shipping uses chart plotters and therefore requires a digital chart.

I recently looked into becoming a NOAA agent. They don't have the nice
PDF files like USGS supplies. If they did it would allow for a print on
demand model that would keep hard copies available. They aren't going to
stop producing data. Maybe they could afford to have the data formatted
and made available. I would happily plot charts for customers. I have
standing orders as it is.

Sent from my iPhone