From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 05:51:18 -0600
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Tom Brittnacher" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:26:00 PM
Subject: archival map storage boxes

We will be moving a large collection of maps into an off-site storage
facility, and are considering using large-format archival storage boxes
(such as those from Hollinger Metal Edge).  Has anyone else used these
boxes in a remote site?  We're curious how functional they are and how
they would last if they were occasionally retrieved.

Our storage facility will have a retrieval system (manually-controlled
but guided fork-lift and containers), but we're not sure yet how it will
handle maps.  There probably won't be room for map cabinets in the
facility.  Has anyone else stored maps within a retrieval system?  The
library is still in the planning stages, so we want to give them our
input regarding map storage while we still can.  There are lots of
things to consider...

Thanks for your input!
Tom

--