From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:00:00 -0600
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Matt Knutzen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:38:36 AM
Subject: Re: archival map storage boxes

Tom,

We're about finished processing our USGS topos... inter-filing, boxing and sending to our consortial storage facility. It sounds similar to your operation in terms of retrieval. We used about 700 Hollinger newspaper boxes, 25" x 19" x 2.5" to hold our half folded 7.5" series topos to a depth of about 1.5". Any deeper risks compromising the box's integrity (spoken from experience :/

Everything is transported flat throughout the chain of custody.

Hope this helps.

Matt