From:
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:27:00 -0600
Subject:        Soviet Copyright FYI
Date:   Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:22:36 +0000
From:   Quill, Theresa Marguerite <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning fellow mapheads!

I thought y’all might be interested in this: According to a librarian at
the National Library of Russia, materials published before 1942 are not
covered under Russian copyright law. For our library, that means most of
our Soviet Military Topos can be digitized!!

DISCLAIMER: Digitize at your own risk. I’m not a Russian legal scholar,
and this information comes from one librarian, but from the little
research I did, this seems legit.

--

Theresa Quill

Map/GIS Associate