From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:20:08 -0600
Subject: Re: Sanborn copyright
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:16:23 -0500 (EST)
From: Paige G Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To: Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Colleen,

Do me a favor and go back to my email with the link to our Sanborns
online webpage and take a look and play around with it, then send me
some feedback about what you think please.

We set up the cataloging process to do it alphabetically via
town/city/village/community name since that is how the 25,000+ sheets
are arranged in our drawers. So, that is what is reflected in the A-Z
list on the website, I have lost track of where Preservation is with
getting images up but I suspect they are somewhere in the G's or H's?
I'll have to go look and see! The actually scanning is going faster than
the uploading process.

I know one thing, as usual, once something is cataloged and can be found
via an OPAC or even web-based search it brings patrons in the door!

Paige