From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 10:03:15 EST
Two messages about the source for a Moon Map.--------Johnnie

      A M Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
         Re: moon map
      Tue, 8 Feb 94 9:37:38 GMT

Hallweg, Berne, Switzerland produce a map of the moon at 1:5.000.000 on
one sheet with an insert leaflet.   Title - Der Mond/La Lune/The Moon/La
Luna.   It shows features and formations and there was an edition in
1990.  The ISBN is 3 444 00001-4.   Hope this helps.   Ann Sutherland,
Edinburgh University Library, Edinburgh, Scotland

>  Does anyone know of a map of the moon, all on one sheet, like the 1978 Rand
 McN
>  ally official map of the moon that is now out of print? I would like to
 replace
>   the damaged one I have but Rand McNally no longer sells one nor have I been
 ab
>  le to verify that anyone else has one. I have the USGS maps of parts of the
 moo
>  n but I want a map of the whole moon on one sheet. Thanks, Arlyn.
>
>  Arlyn Sherwood
>  Map Librarian
>  Illinois State Library
>  217/782-5823 phone  217/782-4446 fax

              Tue, 08 Feb 94 08:46:22 EST
              Helen Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
              Moon map

For MAPS_L
Per Arlyn's request for a map of the moon on one sheet similar to that
produced by Rand McNally.  We have a 1989 edition of the 1978 Hallwag map
in 4 languages "Der Mond La Lune The Moon La Luna" at a scale of l:5 Million.
We are quite satisfied with this map and find it comparable to one from Rand
McNally which we also have.  In addition, on the verso at the same scale it
contains a map of the Farside of the Moon.  We have purchased two copies for
display purposes.  There is a detailed index attached.  The cost in 1989 was
around $6.00 but it was part of a large  purchase directly from Bern so
given discounts and current exchange rates I can not estimate the cost today.
Hope this helps.  HelenJane Armstrong, Map & Imagery Library University of
Florida.