Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 1994 16:17:44 EDT

The Military Survey of Egypt has produced a complete set of topographic maps
of the country at the scale of 1:100,000. The portion in which you are in-
terested has been mapped at this scale.  The maps are difficult but not
impossible to obtain.  They are not very old but are published in Egyptian.
However, the Survey uses standard topographic symbols and the maps are quite
useable with a good dictionary.
Also there is a series of Geologic maps of Egypt at the scale of 1:500,000
produced by Conoco OIl co. which are excellent.
Finally if you can afford it, there is a new Atlas of Egypt based on LANDSAT
Imagery data (2 Volumes) at 1:250,000.  These very large but up -to-date
atlases were going to be priced at $2,000 plus the last I heard.

Bruce, if you want more information please contact me directly.
HelenJane Armstrong, Map & Imagery Library, University of Florida