Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 16:57:59 EST
Yes, New York is expensive, but as in any big city, that can be gotten around
easier perhaps than in Orlando. There are second tier hotels, and there are
many restaurants on any level of cost, especially the famous coffee shops --
just walk two blocks max in any direction away from your hotel and youwill run
into one of these, where breakfast specials, sure to load up your cholesterol,
cost under $5. You may have a heart attack, but you'll feel well fed.

And if you are going to miss Orlando, we can substitute the Warner Bros. shop,
or the Harley Davidson restaurant...

If I remember correctly, the last time a library conference was here, don't
remember which one...isn't THAT a hoot. There was only one eatery anywhere
near the Javits convention center, and that was a diner, literally with about
50 seats max. I do believe that situation has improved.

Transportation was fine, as I recall, but I probably just hopped on local
busses.

I believe the NYTimes recently, in its Sunday travel section, had an article
on less expensive hotels in town. I'll try to spot that and post it for you
all.