Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 08:42:33 EDT

I am somewhat surprised that various map collections have not
investigated a cooperative agreement with a commercial copying center for
their xerographic needs. We had an internal agreement until they decided
that the machine was not profitable as we were one of the very few
departments providing them with business. A quick review of commercial
firms that were close to the library allowed us to discuss our situation,
arrange for delivery and pickup, and we do not have to worry whether the
toner is set correctly, do we have enough bond paper, etc.

While it may be a little more expensive for the user it is far less
hassle for the library and may well be worth the investigation.

David A. Cobb                           PH  (617) 495-2417
Harvard Map Collection                  FAX (617) 496-9802
Harvard College Library                 [log in to unmask]
Cambridge, MA 02138

                          VE * RI * TAS