From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 1994 15:15:27 EST
Attached are several messages concerning USGS shipping list number 41. The
University of Georgia has not received this shipment.---------Johnnie

           Thu, 3 Nov 1994 14:20:09 EST
           "James Lutz" <[log in to unmask]>
           Re: USGS Shipping List no. 41

I just got off the phone with the Distribution Branch of USGS in Denver and the
 shipment no. 41 contained state indexes.  I informed them that several
libraries may not have received this shipment.  My information was taken down
and they are sending a shipment.

Others missing this shipment may want to contact them via phone at
(303) 236-7485

Also, I received a shipment on 11/01/94 with no shipping list.  I would
appreciate it if someone could fax me a copy of the shipping list.

Shipment contains 7.5 minute maps

Cave Creek, Nevada
Ely, Nevada
Redvale, Colorado
etc.

James Lutz                                  [log in to unmask]
Wise Library
Government Documents/Maps                   Phone: (304) 293-3051
West Virginia University                      Fax: (304) 293-6923
PO Box 6069
Morgantown, WV 26506

      Thu, 03 Nov 1994 15:50:17 -0700
         Re: USGS Shipping List no. 41

We have not received it either, i.e. BYU

Rich Soares

      Fri, 04 Nov 1994 06:54:11 +0700
      Dale Steele <[log in to unmask]>
         Re: USGS Shipping List no. 41

The U.S.G.S. sent me a copy of Shipping List 94-41 TI, which consists of
indexes for Georgia; Illinois; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland, Delaware, & District
of Columbia; Massachusetts, Rhode Island, & Connecticut; Minnesota; Missouri;
New Hampshire and Vermont; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina;
North Dakota; South Dakota; Texas; Utah; Wisconsin; and Pacific Islands.

The Survey sent the following note with a copy of SL 94-4, which we had sent in
marked with claims:

"Due top the retirement of Bruce Hubbard, the attached request has been
forwarded to the Map Distribution Center in Denver for response.

"In the future, all questions relating to the automatic sendings lists should
be sent to:
Gene Jackson
Branch of Distribution
US Geological Survey
Box 25046, Denver Federal Center MS 306
Denver, CO  80225-0046
Telephone Number (303) 236-7485
Fax Number (303) 236-1972

"Please contact him if you have any questions."

Dale

      [log in to unmask] (John Fieber)
         Re: USGS Shipping List no. 41
      Fri, 4 Nov 1994 09:57:16 -0500 (EST)

You wrote:
> Dear MAPS-L folk,
>      Have any depository libraries received maps from shipping list no. 41?
> We have received maps from shipping list no. 40 (dated Sept. 23, 1994) and
> from no. 42 (dated October 19, 1994), but not no. 41.  From the regular
> cadence of USGS shipments, no. 41 probably contained maps from the Survey's
> folded geologic map series (I, HA, GQ, etc.).  Normally I would not be
> concerned about this at this point in time, but shipping list no. 44 arrived
> here Nov. 2 from a different delivery service than the usual UPS carrier.

This is exactly the situation here, right down to a new carrier
for #44 (RPS to be exact).

-john

== John Fieber                                    Young Science Library ==
== [log in to unmask]         Smith College, Northampton MA 01063 ==