From:
Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:52:13 EST
You know this flame thread is interesting and I have to admit I've
drafted a few responses both at the keyboard and as I've drifted off
to sleep.  But I wonder if Mr. Keenan a typical or atypical user.  I
wonder if we can get past the angry tone of Mr. Keenan's response.

This List has a pretty broad audience.

Is there a general feeling that map librarians have over stepped their
bounds by allowing users to create maps?

Is it appropriate for libraries to only allow use of... what, Mr.
Keenan, published, or purchased... material?

Is it a problem with software and printing options in libraries?
Patrick McGlamery
Map Librarian
Map and Geographic Information Center
Homer Babbidge Library