From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:04:57 EST
This message is from Rea Mueller at USGS <[log in to unmask]>
---------------------Johnnie

>Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:28:37 -0500
>From: Rea Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: GNIS CD-ROM

It has come to the attention of the USGS that GNIS CD-ROM users are having =
problems installing the new December 1996 version.  While we have not been =
able to duplicate the problems reported, we have posted instructions for =
GNIS installation on the web site:
http://mapping.usgs.gov/www/gnis/cdinstruct.html

Users running GNIS in Windows 3.x must exit Windows rather than use the =
MS-DOS prompt icon to install GNIS.  Instructions for this are included on =
the web site.

Users running GNIS in Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0, and who have been able =
to operate other CD-ROM*s successfully, will need to edit the CD Answer =
configuration file,  _dw_.cfg, to list the CD drive letter instead of the =
Driver name.  Instructions for this are also on the web site.=20

We have also consulted with Dataware, whose CD-Answer software is on the =
GNIS CD-ROM, and have posted the Dataware *CD-Answer Trouble Shooting =
Guide*to the web.  The trouble shooting guide is on http://mapping.usgs.gov=
/www/gnis/cdanswer.html. =20

If users are still unable to install, start, read or run CD-Answer, they =
should note any error messages received and contact Dataware Customer =
Support at 617-577-2844.

If you wish to contact the USGS about GNIS, call 1-800-USA-MAPS, leave a =
message with your question, your name, and your telephone number, and we =
will call you as soon as possible.  Or e-mail your question to esicmail=40u=
sgs.gov