From:
Joan Zeeb-Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:07:48 EDT
Hello,

Do any of you in Map Libraries keep statistics as to the use of your map collec
tion?  Such as--How many reference questions you get per year? How many patrons
 use your map library per year? etc.

This information would be very helpful to us in order to compare our Map Librar
y's use with other map libraries.  It would be good to know also, along with
the statistics, how your library is situated--In the main library building?  On
its own floor?  Part of government documents? Connected to the reference
center?  In a classroom building (such as our Map Library is)? etc.

Also, some sense of the hours you keep would help.

Thanks for your help!

Joan Zeeb-Roman
Map Library
Kent State University