From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Huber, Tom
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:56:59 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:17:14 -0500
From: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Flattening rolled maps <fwd>
Sender: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>

Thelma,

Here at the Illinois State Library we use flat pieces of wood and flat heavy
pieces of cardboard. Both are wide and long enough to cover the width of the
map and then we lay them at both ends for several days. Also after you
eventually shelve the maps in question, the weight of the maps on top of
them will serve to flatten them out.

Tom Huber

Map Librarian

Illinois State Library

300 S. 2nd.

Springfield, IL 62701-1796

(217) 782-5823

FAX: (217) 557-6737

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian