From:
"Paige G. Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:00:15 -0400
Michael,

Penn State's University Libraries may be one of the few map collections left that retains a complete geographic collection of 7.5-minute topos and many of the different editions as well. Perhaps we might become a "dark collection" for everyone over time?

At any rate, we fall into your category (1); we keep all our print topos and continue to fill in geographic gaps and sometimes edition gaps through the gift offerings we see on MAPS-L (and simultaneously offer out through this method as well). Our 7.5-minute and 15-minute are housed on-site in the Donald W. Hamer Map Collection. They way they are physically filed within the collection is perhaps a bit unique, but that's for a different survey.

Paige