From:
Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1993 14:32:41 EDT
Poh Chan's questions are important not only for the library school student
but also for those of us in the profession who need to have a more profound
understanding of GIS and spatial information.  There is a Certificate of
GIS being offered in many institutions around the country.  They are based
of curricula devised by the NCGIA I believe.  Here at UConn it is a 4
course program.

Debbie;  I have to agree, the incentive to take the program would be purely
self defense.  I would be lucky to get release time, much less tuition support.
On the other hand, there is only so much one can pick up on thier own, a formal
course of study might put a lot of things into perspective right now.

  PATRICK MCGLAMERY
  MAP LIBRARIAN U-5M
  HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY
  UNIV. OF CONNECTICUT