From:
Susan Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 08:43:25 -0700
We're excited to announce that *registration
<http://www.waml.org/conf/registration/>** is now open
<http://www.waml.org/conf/registration/>* for the 2019 WAML (Western
Association of Map Libraries) Conference in Reno, Nevada!  Join us this
September 18-21 at the University of Nevada, Reno for what is looking to be
a great WAML conference:
http://www.waml.org/conf/

In celebration of the interdisciplinary character of mapping, this year’s
annual meeting will highlight the growing fields of Spatial Humanities and
STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and
Mathematics). *Our Call for Proposals is open until July 31. *We welcome
your proposals for presentations, lightning talks, and Birds-of-a-Feather
discussion sessions! http://www.waml.org/conf/program/call-for-proposals/

Note: If you are planning to stay at the conference hotel, please make your
reservations by *August 26* to ensure availability at the conference rate.

And last but not least: *the application deadline for the 2019 WAML
Diversity and Early Career Librarian Scholarships is rapidly approaching!!
Applications are due by Monday, July 1, 11:59 PM (PDT).*
WAML is committed to actively encouraging diverse voices and new
perspectives in the field of map and geospatial librarianship and within
our organization. We are excited to announce two scholarships to attend the
2019 annual WAML conference in Reno, Nevada this September 18-21. Each
scholarship includes a stipend of $750 for costs related to the conference
(lodging, travel, etc.), a one-year membership in WAML, and free conference
registration and banquet ticket. Learn more and find the application links
at: http://www.waml.org/mbrinfo.html#Scholarships

Hope to see you this September in Reno!
Susan & Chrissy

--