From:
Nancy Kandoian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:43:10 -0400
Angie --

Do you mean that there's no longer the ability to search using Google
Maps?  There still seems to be a search function using Open Street Map,
right?  It does seem a little clunkier, since it can give long results
lists to plow through, with street names, etc.

When you search for a populated place, like a municipality, it doesn't seem
to give a box anymore, but rather just point coordinates.  For a larger
geographic entity or feature, it does still give a box that you can
manipulate and get the formatted bounding box coordinates for.

Nancy

Nancy A. Kandoian
Map Cataloger
The Lionel Pincus and Princess Firyal Map Division, Room 117
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue and 42nd Street
New York, New York 10018