From:
Matthew Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:19:15 -0800
Hello all,

I have a couple of Japanese professors visiting Seattle to take a look at
our collection of Gaihozu maps. They have some questions regarding various
stamps found on the maps:

"Foreign Map Library, Office of the Engineer, HQ FEC <or FEG?>"

"Library Branch, Intelligence Divison, 29th Engineering Battalion, (Base
Topographic APO 500)"

"Area Analysis Division, Library and Services Branch, US AMS Far East"

Base on the UW Libraries property stamps on the maps, we received them in
1965, apparently from the Library of Congress (their property stamp is on
some of the sheets), so just a little before my time. :) I assume that the
mystery stamps are various Army offices, divisions and/or branches, but
some sort of confirmation would be nice.

Anyone have some insights or context on these stamps?

Thanks!
Matt

Matthew Parsons, Associate Librarian
Geospatial Data and Maps