From:
"Maps-L Moderator for Jon R. Jablonski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:55:03 -0600
Subject:        happy birthday Oregon
Date:   Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:35:31 -0800
From:   Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

The University of Oregon and Oregon State University libraries have
collaborated to produce an online collection of maps selected from our
two print collections.  These maps were chosen to highlight the history
of state, and include all of the ‘official’ State Highway Maps produced
since 1916.  This collection was built both as a pilot ContentDM
collaboration between the two institutions as well as a birthday present
to the state for its sesquicentennial.

The UO portion of the collection is each of our 'official state highway
maps' since 1916.  I shamelessly stole the idea from Nevada (thank you
Linda Newman!).

Collection homepage here:
        http://boundless.uoregon.edu/digcol/ormaps/

MAP Library blog entry here:
        http://libweb.uoregon.edu/tools/blogs/map/?p=38

UO Libraries' news release here:
        http://libweb.uoregon.edu/index/news-app/story.1997

Jon R. Jablonski                          541-346-3051
Associate Professor
David & Nancy Petrone MAP/GIS Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries