From:
"Rees, Gethin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:46:40 +0000

Dear Map-L,

I'm writing to congratulate Meagan Snow on the publication of the 'Preserving Geospatial
Data' Watch Report by the Digital Preservation Coalition. Available here http://doi.org/10.7207/twr23-01

This was mentioned briefly on the list a couple of months back but I wanted to emphasise the importance of this report for our sector and beyond. Dr Snow has synthesised a broad range of material into an incredibly useful document and one that will no doubt be valuable for many years to come. The Legal Deposit Map Librarian's Group in the UK will certainly be consulting this regularly.

Might I suggest that members who are responsible for organising book reviews consider adding the report to their lists.

Best,

Gethin

--
Dr Gethin Rees
Lead Curator, Digital Mapping

Recent Projects
Georeferencer<https://britishlibrary.oldmapsonline.org/start> | Locating a national collection<https://britishlibrary.github.io/locating-a-national-collection>
Sloane Lab fellowship<https://blogs.bl.uk/digital-scholarship/2024/03/a-generous-approach-to-web-mapping-sloanes-collections.html> | Peripleo reusable web map software<https://github.com/britishlibrary/peripleo>

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library's latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print