From:
"Paige G. Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2015 15:31:30 -0400

I concur with Julie, this compilation work that Chris has done, and continues to do, is worthwhile. I shared with my supervisor and she was pleased with the work of the maps cataloging team here reflected in what we've done via the stats. That said, I also completely understand Chris' message about taking things with a grain of salt so to speak, we are one of those institutions who tend to catalog at the sheet level even for major series and so that gets reflected in our stats I'm sure. I actually found table II to be more compelling because of the sharp drop in new (original) records done by us -- it reflects our large effort to catalog carto resources for two big projects in which there was a lot of copy available for us to use (but also needed a lot of enhance work simultaneously), one of which we are almost done with -- cataloging all of our FEMA flood insurance maps, a project that has been underway since I believe 2012.

So, thank you Chris for this work in compiling map cataloging stats, it IS appreciated!

Paige