From:
Rick Grapes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:35:42 +0000
Hello everyone,

There's been allot of back and forth about international copyright laws.  How are map copyrights applied in Canada and the UK?  Crown copyright and private map publications?  Is Rolph McNally as much a stickler about copyright as Rand McNally is?  I've heard stories of some map publishers inserting minor errors into their materials in order to catch copyright violators.  There's one example of a non existent town in the Catskills region of NY (I think)  eventually becoming legit when a gas station by that name was built at that specific intersection.  Back to the my main subject, any info about Canadian and British copyright would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rick Grapes
BYU Map Cataloger