From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul V. Heinrich
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:59:39 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:57:38 -0600 (CST)
From: "Paul V. Heinrich" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: In Search of Malaysian Topographic Maps
Sender: "Paul V. Heinrich" <[log in to unmask]>

For some personal stuff I am doing, I have
been trying to obtain topographic maps of the
Kuala Lumpur and Pinang (Penang) Island.
Malaysia.  In the LSU Map Library, I found
a 1959 map of Kuala Lumpur at 1:63,300 that
I can use.

Other than that, all I can find for sale, i.e.
Omni Maps, are the 1:200,000 scale Russian
maps. However, I am looking for more detailed
topographic maps.

I did find the Map Sales Office, Department of
Survey and Mapping at:

http://www.jupem.gov.my/product/topo.htm

I have tried contacting them but have gotten
no response. Does any company sell their maps?

Does anybody know where I can obtain copies of
the 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 maps covering Kuala
Lumpur and Pinang (Penang) Island?  I would be
very happy even to get a scan of the 1:63,300
map(s) that cover Pinang (Penang) Island as
tiff file(s).

Singapore ?

Does anybody sell topographic maps of Singapore?

Yours,

Paul V. Heinrich
Louisiana Geological Survey
208 Howe-Russel Complex