From:
Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2022 21:58:08 +0000
If you are going to drill internally, be sure to place your maps in folders before placing them in the drawers to prevent them from catching on anything.

If earthquakes are a concern, you have a whole other set of worries. No matter how firmly attached the cases are to each other or a wall, the drawers can shake loose and fall out unless a locking bar or some other mechanism is installed. (Or so I've heard.)

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Cartographic and Spatial Data Librarian
Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051

"A map is not just a picture-it's also the data behind the map, the methodology used to collect and parse that data, the people doing that work, the choices made in terms of visualization and the software used to make them."