From:
"SCARLETTO, EDITH" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maps-L: Discussion Forum for Maps, Air Photo, Map Librarianship, GIS, etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:43:26 +0000
Folks,

We are looking at different services for our map library and considering setting up a small cartography service. We are looking at hiring a  graduate student in geography to gain some professional experience by making simple maps for campus clients with GIS, or helping them to create maps with data they already have, a visualization.

I know other folks do this, what model do you have at your map library, and what kind of traffic do you usually get? Do you have additional software for the lab other than the campus ESRI license?

Please contact me off list and I will happily summarize the responses for the list.

Thanks!

Edith

Edith Scarletto
Subject Librarian for Geography & Geology