From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diaz, Carlos
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:49:58 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:39:35 -0700
From: "Diaz, Carlos" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Historic map of Chicago
Sender: "Diaz, Carlos" <[log in to unmask]>

The Library of Congress'  American Memory's Map Collections 1500 - 1999 has
an impressive collection of maps not only from the U.S.  but around the
world.

For cities in the U.S., go to:

        --http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/cityhome.html

Use the geographic locator to find Chicago, IL.  After clicking the link you
will find 17 entries for maps.  Most of the maps are from the mid-1800s to
the end of the 19th century and some from the early 20th century.

The American Memory Collection from LC is most impressive touching in all
sorts of topics.  You can find it at:

        --http://memory.loc.gov/

Carlos A. Diaz
The Evergreen State College