From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:45:36 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:07:47 -0400
From: Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: workshop announcement
Sender: Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>

Folks,

Its been some time since I've been on the list so I'm glad to be back. Between
serving as Acting Head of a new Serials Department for the first six months of
this year and then finalizing documentation by Oct. 1st for promotion and
tenure I simply did not have the time to remain on the list. Sure hope I didn't
miss anything important and/or inconvenience anyone looking for assistance with
cataloging questions! Speaking of map cataloging, the following announcement
went out to members of INCOLSA's list and Dorothy McKowen gave me permission to
post it here (and the enrollment limit is 10, NOT 40):

Paige Andrew to Present Maps Workshop at INCOLSA

A one-day workshop focusing on the MARC tagging and
cataloging of sheet maps will be presented from 9:00 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 6, at the INCOLSA
Indianapolis office. The session is designed for catalogers
who are new to maps cataloging or who would like to
refresh their knowledge of MARC elements used in the
cataloging of sheet maps. If time permits, discussion of
atlases will be included, as will the creation of an original
cataloging record for a sheet map.

Paige Andrew, of Penn State University, will be presenting
the workshop. An experienced maps cataloger himself, he
has further distinguished himself as an able teacher and
trainer through his many state and regional workshops
on maps cataloging.

Enrollment in this INCOLSA workshop is limited to 40.
The registration fee for the workshop is $40 for INCOLSA
members (state of Indiana) or $48 for non-members (including
registrants from outside Indiana).

Participants may register for the workshop in either of two ways:

(1) by completing the online registration form on the
INCOLSA web site at this URL:
http://www.incolsa.net/events/regform.html
with payment following by mail; or,
(2) by completing the registration form at the end of the
INCOLSA Workshop Catalog and Calendar and mailing or
faxing it along with payment to the INCOLSA Indianapolis
Office (faxes to (317) 328-2380, with payment following
by mail).

Registrants should specify the following workshop
number and name on the registration form:

OCL-004.5 MARC Format: Maps

Please feel free to call or e-mail Dorothy McKowen
at the INCOLSA Indianapolis office if you have
questions (see telephone number and e-mail
address in signature block).
Dorothy McKowen [log in to unmask]
OCLC Network Librarian VOICE: 317-298-6570, ext. 116
INCOLSA INDIANA WATS: 800-733-1899, ext. 116
6202 Morenci Trail FAX: 317-328-2380
Indianapolis, IN 46268-2536

--- End Forwarded Message ---