From:
Tom Brittnacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2018 09:07:56 -0700
Hi Sonoe:
We do lots of MARC cataloging of GIS datasets here.  We haven't been able
to use any of the fixed fields to identify GIS data specifically, seeing as
most values end up being 'not applicable' or 'other', or related to
cartographic aspects of the material.  We use genre (655 field) to
differentiate geospatial data, as well as the 347 and 352 fields (though
those two don't display in our OPAC and are not searchable).  I'd be happy
to send you our guidelines if you're interested.
Best,
Tom

--
Tom Brittnacher